This is a quick guide to help you move your business online in order to thrive in times of COVID-19 pandemic.
The year 2020 begins. A new decade and with it, people were making new resolutions, goals, plans.
While everyone was comfortable in their day to day routines, a new invisible enemy was growing stronger, faster and deadlier. Not only because of its infectious nature but also because of what it caused in every society in the world.
COVID-19 is a very contagious disease, it causes respiratory tract infections.
Nobody foresaw the explosion of infected people all around the world. This forced businesses to close and people to isolate for long periods of time.
In very few weeks, due to the lack of activity, lots of businesses and industries had to shut down. The economy in almost every country got hit in a way never seen before.
Yet, today we have tools that help to save lives and businesses and also create new opportunities.
Move face to face services online
If you deal with clients face to face, all you need to do is to organize your daily appointments and have video calls with them.
You can organize appointments within your website with Calendly.
This is a great tool because you can define timeframes and your daily availability. Then you can put it on your website allowing visitors to make appointments on those timeframes.
You can use any video-call provider in the market for your meetings. But, make sure to use one that ensures encryption and security.
An option that you can trust is Zoom due to the fact that they are HIPAA compliant. They are also very easy to use and scale.
Moving appointments online is not only the way to go during the pandemic. It will also make you more efficient and even profitable.
Add the time it takes for you to move to your office or to the client’s location and back. You will realize that you can add one or two more clients (and thus extra income) per day.
Move your store online
If you have a business that sells goods and you haven’t moved online yet, you must do it now. It is critical in this situation in order for you to survive.
E-commerce is the action of buying and selling goods and services online.
This is the basic process that you need to follow:
- Put your catalog online. Make sure to show all the information that your client needs to clarify their questions. For example pictures, videos, detailed price, descriptions, features, reviews, restrictions, disclaimers.
- Clients pick the products they want and place an order that contains a tracking number.
- The clients must be able to send you the money through a secure payment method.
- Finally, you must deliver your products or services.
- If you sell physical products, you can use a delivery service. Options can go from biking messengers to large providers like UPS, USPS, DHL, etc.
- If you sell digital products (video, audio, e-book, images), you can send your buyers to a download page or link.
- In case of services, you then coordinate with your buyers the date and the way you will be delivering those.
With E-commerce, you don’t need a physical location and all the expenses associated with them. You need to produce and/or store your inventory.
You can create an online store and have it up and running quickly using Shopify. This is the most popular, robust and accessible commercial E-commerce platform so far.
Move to online education
One of the advantages of the Internet is that you can reach others anywhere on the planet instantly. Many people and businesses specialize in teaching and consulting.
E-learning is the act of teaching on the Internet.
When you teach online, you help a broader audience with your knowledge.
You create courses once and people can view them anytime anywhere, many times over. Also. Once in a while, you can update those courses with fresh content.
There are platforms that help you can put lessons and courses together, and sell them for a profit.
Teachable is a great option to use because it’s very complete, easy to use, intuitive and fast to configure. With this tool, you can sell courses fast.
I explained to you different ways to create or move your business online. Now you must take into account these key things so that you to succeed:
- Ensure your client’s security at all times by checking your provider’s terms of services and privacy policies.
- Build trust with your current and potential clients. Always overdeliver!
- Take advantage of Social Media and online channels to promote your products and services.
If you need help with any of these tools, feel free to schedule a free 15 to 30-minute call to talk about your business and if we happen to be a good fit for you.
What have you changed in your online business in times of covid? Comment below!
For more information please read:
To learn how to convert, retain clients & improve your SEO, without spending your marketing dollars please follow this link: https://www.flarespots.com/unique-method/.
To learn more and solve your website accessibility issues please visit: https://www.flarespots.com/convert-with-accessibility/.
Visit our resource page: https://www.flarespots.com/learn/.
Contact us on social media or write us at email@example.com.